Cryptic List 2

>> Saturday, February 21, 2009

...continued be to

Don't let them see you cry. When the dam breaks down and the city is covered in water. Cause I believe we fly. When the moon takes shape and I dose off, on your shoulders./ We get distracted by dreams of our own. But nobody's happy while feeling alone. And knowing how hard it hurts when we fall. We lean another ladder against the wrong wall/ The little cracks they escalated. And before we knew it was too late. For making circles and telling lies./ I don't know if you notice anything missing. Like the leaves on the trees or my clothes all over the floor. And I don't know if you even notice at all. 'Cause I was real quiet when I closed the door./ I know what you're doing, I see it all too clear. I only taste the saline when I kiss away your tears./ We tried to make it work, you in a cocktail skirt. And me in a suit, and it just wasn't me./ You say love is a hell you cannot bare. And I say gimme mine back and then go there - for all I care./ I feel must interject here you're getting carried away feeling sorry for yourself. With these revisions and gaps in history, So let me help you remember. I've made charts and graphs that should finally make it clear. I've prepared a lecture on why i have to leave./ This is becoming a problem I’m hurting it’s unfair. But somehow your words, The way that I heard are haunting me, You’re under my skin. You’re breaking in, And the tasteless fights that filled our nights are starting to cave in, You’re under my skin./ Plunge your hand, rip out my spine. Replace it with a UV light. So I can be the beacon of hope that you'd always expected/ I liked the way my hand looked On your head. In the presence of my knuckles. But the beauty of this vision alone. Just like yesterdays sunset, Has been perverted by the sentimental, And mistaken for love./ I live here on my knees as I try to make you see that you're everything I think I need here on the ground. But you're neither friend nor foe though I can't seem to let you go. The one thing that I still know is that you're keeping me down.

0 comments:

Post a Comment