Best of 2011: Dance/DJ/Electronica Songs

>> Monday, November 14, 2011

I was going to write out a list of like the best all out dance songs. But I was recently reminded the other day, I can't dance. I have also recently discovered that my lack of dance skills also translates into a dysfunction in identifying a true "dance" song. Apparently, just because a song has a "good beat" does not mean one can dance to it. Who knew?
So, I mutated this list to include my kind of "dance" music. It's all about the stuff that has an electronic backbone. This is my best Dance/DJ/Electronica songs of 2011. Keep an eye out for a few of these songs to end up on the overall best songs of 2011 list, including a possible number 1.

1. "Belongings" – Clock Opera


2. "Up All Night" – French Horn Rebellion


3. "Same Damn Time" – Beat Connection


4. "How Can You Luv Me" by Unknown Mortal Orchestra



5. "Comes In Waves" – Psychologist



6. "Starry Eyed" – Ellie Goulding


7. "Silver Screen" – Beat Connection


8. "White Nights" – Oh Land


9. "The Greeks" – Is Tropical


10. "Slow Motion" – Holy Ghost!


11. "Need You Now" – Cut Copy


12. "Still Sound" – Toro y Moi



13. "Midnight City" – M83


14. "All Night Long" – LMFAO



0 comments:

Post a Comment