Cryptic List

>> Wednesday, February 4, 2009

This is a letter/list. Each line is written for the you, but via a single lyric from a different song. So, I did not write this, I collected it to fit my needs.

It is not so much a list, but I have no where else to hang it, and the fridgedoor is already cluttered.


Maybe I shouldn't have called, but someone had to be the first to break./When I’ve thrown off the weight of this crazy stone. When I've lost all care for the things I own. That's when I miss you, that's when I miss you, that's when I miss you./ What I give to you is just what I'm going through. This is nothing new, no, no just another phase of finding what I really need is what makes me bleed./The trick of love is to never let it find you. It's easy to get over missing out./I kept falling over. I kept looking backward. I went broke believing. That the simple should be hard./I guess I'm looking for the right way to do this. I guess I'm looking for the right things to call pretty./ I'm quiet you know. You make a first impression. I've found I'm scared to know I'm always on your mind./With your breathing, filling up my lungs. I can almost believe that I'm almost enough. Spent all of my life emptied of anthems. And bracing for something that never did come./ So I run fast I can. Die tomorrow half a man. Finish the story she said to me. I can't sit here and watch you bleed./ You pulled me under, If I had to give in. Such a beautiful myth, That's breaking my skin. Well I'll hide all the bruises, I'll hide all the damage that's done. But I show how I'm feeling until all the feeling has gone./Oh, I've found, that I'm bound. To wander down that one way road. And I realize all about your lies. But I'm no wiser than the fool I was before./Wordlessly watching he waits by the window and wonders at the empty place inside.


To be continued....








2 comments:

Stevie February 5, 2009 at 6:44 PM  

So... who's this written to??

Addi February 5, 2009 at 6:56 PM  

honestly, no one. Last we talked, you told me to get to know my character. Like really know him. And one of the things i decided about him was that he is not good with his words and uses music to communicate what he is thinking or trying to say. Like John Cusack with the radio over his in "Say Anything." But, then i decided to take it a little further. I decided that he writes letters to people that he is afraid to talk to patching together lyrics from his favorite songs. And, I thought to myself, this is brilliant, but is it even possible? So, I tried to do it. This is the result.

Do you like it?

Post a Comment