Wanted to share. Great Cover Songs....

>> Saturday, February 13, 2010

OK, so this is not a list, a song of the day, or even a random fact. But it is something I am COMPELLED to share with you. I collect cover songs. Like a nerd with stamps, I hoard them, A&E has express interest in my disorder. But, I have found the motherload. There is this band called Wakey!Wakey! (don't let the name stop you) that is putting out amazing music. But they have a whole, FREE, album of great covers. I have embedded the whole album, thanks to ((Family Records)), below. You can also go to the page and download it directly. I really, REALLY recommend hearing his version of "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" all sad and slow.

Also, FYI, Wakey!Wakey! has a new studio release out, infact its their first full length, called Almost Everything I Wish I'd Said The Last Time I Saw You... That is beyond spectacular. Front runner for best of the year. So far....

0 comments:

Post a Comment