Songs of the Day: The Battle of the "Car Crash"

>> Monday, June 28, 2010

So, this is not so much a "song of the day" as it is a list of my two favorite songs titled Car Crash.

On one had you have a plea for a car crash. A last gasp of air screaming alive, shaking the numb tingle from the tips of the fingers. That pinch of non dreaming that stirs you awake.
"I wanna feel a car crash
I wanna feel a capsize
I wanna feel the bomb drop, the earth stop
'Til I'm satisfied
I wanna feel a car crash
'Cause I'm dyin' on the inside
I wanna let go and know
That I'll be alright, alright"

"Car Crash" by Matt Nathanson

On the other hand, you have, perhaps the saddest song I have ever heard. A song that I am at loss of words to describe. A deptiction of an accidnet that I pray is not real, that I beg is not true, and that I hope will never be. However, you cannot fault the blind love displayed in this song. I give you that Mike Grubbs.

"You're flat on your face
In a field fifty feet from a burning Cadillac
At least you were thrown clear
Cause I'm still stuck in here

I take off my shoes
I let the flames crawl up and burn right through me
I'm silent as a movie
I always thought you knew me' better
And so we burn silently
A silent light, a silent day
And so we burn silently
It just seems wrong"

"Car Crash" by Wakey!Wakey!

0 comments:

Post a Comment