Revisiting: My Up and Coming Book List

>> Thursday, December 30, 2010

So a couple years ago I did a list called "My Up and Coming Book List" - since then, I've read alot of them, removed many and have added a bunch to the list. I revisited this list below with what I've read, what I still intend to read, what I no longer want to read and have added new books to my "To Read" list. See something glaring that I'm missing? Comment me! -S

Breaking Dawn – Stephenie Meyer *Read It
My Horizontal Life – Chelsea Handley *Read It
Keeping Faith – Jodi Picoult *Read It
What Was Lost – Catherine O’Flynn *Read It
The Pact: A Love Story – Jodi Picoult *Read It
I Love You, Beth Cooper – Larry Doyle *Read It
Marley & Me – John Grogan **Remove (saw the movie, good enough for me)
Suite Francaise – Irene Nemirovsky *Read It
Buddha: A Story of Enlightment – Deepak Chopra *Still on my List*
The Dive from Clausen’s Pier – Ann Packer *Still on my List*
Kafka on the Shore – Haruki Murakami *Still on my List*
The Secret Life of Bees – Sue Monk Kidd *Read It
Water for Elephants – Sara Gruen *Read It **Top Favorite Books**
Motherless Daughters- A Legacy of Loss – Hope Edelman *cut
Open House – Elizabeth Berg *Still on my List*
Drowing Ruth – Christina Schwarz *Read It
The Liar’s Club: A Memoir – Mary Karr *Still on my List*
The Poisonwood Bible – Barbara Kingsolver *Still on my List*
The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay – Michael Chabon *Read It- half way thru
The Friday Knight Knitting Club – Kate Jacobs *Still on my List*
Then She Found Me – Elinor Lipman *Read It
The Life Before Her Eyes – Laura Kasischke *Still on my List*
Middlesex – Jeffrey Eugenides *Read It
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime – Mark Haddon *Read It
The Thirteenth Tale – Diane Setterfield *Still on my List*
Go Ask Alice – anonymous *Still on my List*
Smile While You’re Lying: Confessions of a Rogue Travel Writer – Chuck Thompson *Read It
Life is a Mixtape: Life and Loss, One song at a time – Rob Sheffield *Still on my List*
Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress – Sijie Dai *cut
Kitchen Confidential – Anthony Bourdain *Cut- maybe his new one?
Life is So Good – George Dawson *Still on my List*
Forever – Pete Hamill *Read It
The God of Small Things – Arundhati Roy *Still on my List*
Flower Children – Maxine Swann *Still on my List*
Elsewhere – Gabrielle Zevin *Read It
Harvesting the Heart – Jodi Picoult *Read It
I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell – Tucker Max *Read It
The Bright Forever – Lee Martin *Still on my List*
The Secret History – Donna Tartt *Cut
Born Standing Up: A Comic’s Life – Steve Martin *Still on my List*

And thus... my new list 2011

Freedom by Jonathan Franzen
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest by Stieg Larsson
Autobiography of Mark Twain by Mark Twain
Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead
Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
One Day by David Nicholls
Blink by Malcolm Gladwell
Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult
The Help by Kathryn Stockett
Room by Emma Donoghue
What Alice Forgot by Loriane Moriarty

Ambitious? stay tuned!

0 comments:

Post a Comment