Song of the Day: "The River Still" by Casey Shea ft. Wakey!Wakey!

>> Thursday, December 9, 2010

2010 song contender...
First thing you need to know, I spent more time on this little Song of the Day that I have on any other post in a long time. This version of this song is easily going to be one of my top 10 songs of the year, but it was no where to be found online. Not on Youtube, not on Vimeo, not anywhere. So, I made a video. It's actually pretty easy, once you research how to do it in the first place, but it still took forever.

This song is from Wakey!Wakey!'s live in concert record entitled "Silent As A Movie" but it is not his song. His labelmate Casey Shea, who often opens for/plays with is the creative force behind this gem. And it is stunningly beautiful. I have to give credit where credit is due though, Wakey!'s piano work adds new depth to this already great song.

0 comments:

Post a Comment