Song of the Day: "Young Glass" by Hey Rosetta!

>> Sunday, April 24, 2011

So apparently this 6 piece band has been big in the great white north for sometime now. But, since most things Canadian suck, I paid no attention. But, I was very very wrong. This band has a sound that is hard to describe. It's like if you take the delicate mastery of Hey Marseilles and combine it with the chaotic perfection of Los Campesinos! you would stumble into these Canadians. It works.

"Young Glass" by Hey Rosetta!

3 comments:

Anonymous,  April 28, 2011 at 2:53 PM  

"most things canadian suck" ??? canada has some of the greatest bands out there, if all you think is coming outta canada is nickelback i feel sorry for you!

Addi April 28, 2011 at 9:12 PM  

being from Washington State, it is my duty to make fun of all things Canadian, but its all in jest. I am actually a big fan of what is happening in Canada right now. In fact, two of my recent bands of the week were both Canadian. The Oh Wells from Vancouver, BC and The Rural Alberta Advantage from Alberta. Both great Canadian bands. In fact, the RAA just melted my face off at show in Seattle. Canada is doing just fine. But again, I am from Washington, it is ingrained into us to tease our neighbors to the north.

Stevie April 28, 2011 at 9:51 PM  

Just so I can put my two cents in as 50% of this blog I happen to actually love many things Canadian. It's true Canadians are so easy to make fun of what with Brian Boitano and all the adding eh to the end of sentences. Oh and the horrible inability to locate alcohol or a grocery store in Montreal in freezing February. However I happen to respect Feist, Broken Social Scene, and Arcade Fire not to mention the above mentioned RAA.

Post a Comment