Band of the Week: Campfire OK

>> Tuesday, July 26, 2011

So, I know that the whole concept of Band of the Week is to actually post a Band of the Week. But, you have to understand something. Bands of the week only really come out of my inability to narrow down a bands library to a single Song of the Day. Some bands, I get so engrossed in, so enveloped by, that picking just one tune becomes a task that is often unbearable. That, my friends, is the general dilemma that brings you blogs such as the one you are about to read.

Band of the Week: Campfire OK
Photo Credit kjphotos.com (taken from bands Facebook Page)
So, being a northwest music junkie like I am, I have heard the rumblings of Campfire OK for a long while now. They have always been, what I like to call a good karma band. A band that likes to play free impromptu shows to coffee houses and cafes, and participates in a cover song contest for Seattle based Fences (which they should have won), and that will willingly help fill out the sound on Pickwick's KEXP video debut, without clamoring for credit. They just put good vibes out there. And it if finally paying off.

Campfire OK's debut album is one of the more complete records I have heard in many many years. There is not a throw away track among the bunch. In today's digital music industry, when albums are pushed out so fast, this is one hell of an accomplishment.

I think, if not the shadow of the Head and the Heart's hustle, this would be considered the best band in Seattle right now. Easily. And, I am sure, soon enough, the rest of the country is going to catch on as well. And that is in no way a slight to THATH, you all know how much I love them, but Campfire OK, is wow.

There is little doubt in my mind that this record will be firmly placed in my top 3 by years end.

Below you will see an excessive, even for me, amount of videos, 3 I uploaded and 2 live, all spectacular.

"Not Young Not Old"


"Wishing You The Best" (live in a cafe)

Campfire Ok at Oddfellows from Christian Sorensen Hansen on Vimeo.

"Complimenting Parts" (my favorite)


"Strange Like We Are" 

Strange Like We Are from Christian Sorensen Hansen on Vimeo.

"Mexico N-O"

0 comments:

Post a Comment