Band Of The Week and Public Apology: The Belle Brigade

>> Thursday, December 15, 2011

Do you ever write a list and then immediately regret the order in which you listed things? Yeah, me neither.

But, I am feeling a little pang of regret over my best albums of 2011 list. Not so much in the albums I picked to include, because, I feel very good about that. First time in years, I might add. What I do feel, is that I messed up on one album in particular. The Belle Brigade.

Now, being upset for not including an album is one thing, but I am sitting here fretting over how listing them 4th is a disservice. I think I talked myself out of ranking there where I originally wanted, 1st. I don't know why I did that. The album is FANTASTIC. Like beginning to end, completely out of control, super-duper good.

You will hear a lot of people wax on about how their influences are clearly Simon and Garfunkel, The Beatles, and Fleetwood Mac. And all of those are true. But when I hear them, I cannot help but hear me some Loggins and Messina, which makes me very happy.

I am not going to rewrite my Best Albums of 2011 list tonight, but, I want to get this out there. I should have put The Belle Brigade as my number 1 record of 2011. And I want to publicly apologize to them for this egregious error.

"Belt Of Orion" 


"Lucky Guy"


"Where Not To Look For Freedom"

0 comments:

Post a Comment