>> Saturday, December 29, 2012
I know its been a long time. And you have my apologies. I will explain what is going on with the blog in an upcoming post in the next week or so. But, as promised, here are my favorite records of 2012. I'm not able to go into as much depth as in years past, so, this is it. No best songs/album covers/cover songs/or worst records this year, again, I'm sorry.
Now, onto the goodstuff. This year was a tough year for me musically. Nothing, outside of maybe 3-5 albums really stuck with me, so putting together this list was a real challenge, probably the hardest year-end list in my 5 years to date. But, I think, I did it. Keep in mind that the top five records are all timers. Records that will never leave my rotation. I hope you enjoy.
1. The Lumineers – The Lumineers
2. Zach Fleury – Be Still, Neverland, Egypt (also my favorite album cover of 2012)
3. Ambassadors - Litost
4. Ingrid Michaelson – Human Again
5. Macklemore and Ryan Lewis – The Heist
6. fun. – Some Nights
7. FM Radio – Out Of The Blue
8. Good Old War – Come Back As Rain
9. Delta Rae – Carry The Fire
10. Tim Myers – Technicolor
11. Lemolo – The Kaleidoscope
12. First Aid Kit - The Lion's Roar
13. Gentleman Jesse – Leaving Atlanta
Top 3 EP's of 2012
1. The Native Sibling - Water Too Deed, Words Too Shallow
Far and away the best EP of the year, if the was a full length, it would be top 5 for sure. I urge you to listen and keep track of this duo as the grow in the future. Big things.
2. Kris Orlowski & Andrew Joslyn - Pieces We Are
Kris has been around for sometime now. I have heard him, seen him in concert, and frankly been unimpressed. Now, that sounds harsh, but until this record, he didn't give me reason to take notice. This is a huge step forward for this cat, and hopefully more will come.
3. K’naan - More Beautiful Than Silence
At first I was sad that this was not a full length, as I was so supremely impressed with this two previous releases, and although this was good, it was not on the same level as the others. I hope he is saving the great songs for his next full record.