Stevie's 50 Best Albums

>> Wednesday, December 17, 2008

*First posted July of 2008*
(from myspace...)

So Addi made this blog of his favorite 50 albums so I wanted to do the same. My disclaimer is that these are my favorite albums and not like the seminal albums of all time that everyone subscribes too. I didn't include soundtracks because I think that'd be cheating although if I did I would have included Garden State, Elizabethtown, Empire Records, and Magnolia. I also didn't include some cd's that I listen to often for their 1 or 2 songs I love. So here goes, feel free to peruse and make your own list. I'm sure I've forgotten some favorites so there will probably be a follow up. In not necessarily the correct order...

1. Pete Yorn- Music for the Morning After
2. Otis Redding - Greatest Hits
3. Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
4. Fleetwood Mac - Rumors
5. Bush - Sixteen Stone
6. 7 Year Bitch - Viva Zapata
7. Counting Crows - August and Everything After
8. Lauryn Hill - The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill
9. Jack Johnson - Brushfire Fairytales
10. Madonna - Immaculate Collection
11. Counting Crows - This Desert Life
12. The Shins - Chutes too Narrow
13. Third Eye Blind - 3EB
14. Van Moorison - Moondance
15. Death Cab for Cutie - Plans
16. Fiona Apple - Tidal
17. The Postal Service - Give Up
18. The Fugees - The Score
19. Jack Johnson - On and On
20. Nirvana - Unplugged
21. Supertramp - Breakfast in America
22. Weezer - The Blue Album
23. The Cranberries - No Need to Argue
24. David Gray - White Ladder
25. Iron and Wine - Creek Drank the Cradle
26. Jeff Buckley - Grace
27. Nas - It Was Written
28. Nelly Furtado - Whoa, Nelly
29. Boat - Comic Book Rock
30. Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
31. Counting Crows - Recovering the Satellites
32. GreenDay - Dookie
33. Journey - Greatest Hits
34. Juliana Hatfield - Become what You Are
35. Natalie Imbruglia - Left of the Middle
36. Foo Fighters - The Colour and the Shape
37. The Fray - How to Save A Life
38. Violent Femmes - Violent Femmes
39. 2Pac - Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z (lol)
40. Damien Rice - O
41. Eels - Beautiful Freak
42. Jack Johnson - In Between Dreams
43. Jose Gonzalez - Veneer
44. The Cars - The Cars
45. The Pierces - Thirteen Tales of Love and Revenge
46. SWV - Its About Time
47. Justin Timberlake - Justified
48. Tom Petty - Greatest Hits
49. Boomkat - Boomkatalog One
50. Pearl Jam - Vitalogy

0 comments:

Post a Comment