Scenes from a Life by Stevie

>> Wednesday, December 17, 2008

This also from a myspace blog...

Can you ever really go home again? There's that adage that you can't, that nothing is ever the same. And why is that? Do people really change all that much or is it that once one travels, hits the road, makes the decision to leave the place where they are from, that they themselves are somehow changed? Like a puzzle piece that no longer fits with the pieces around it. For a while I think I returned and never felt like it was quite me anymore as though your surroundings define who you are. And maybe they do- maybe it does define a bit of yourself, what you like, what you do- it has to right? Then something inside you shifts and you feel, like really feel that unsettling, that wanderlust. You take off in to the world, hopefully to the unknown, I think that's the best way and you try to redefine yourself against a new backdrop. Then, what…On vacation in Prague I stayed in a hostel with this girl who arrived in Praha and promptly tattooed "Not All Who Wander Are Lost" – you've heard it before, it's not new. At first I thought it was kind of stupid but now I'm slightly enchanted by the idea, impressed with all those travelers I met that had been gone for months, even years. People that had quite literally left everything behind to go and… discover? Learn? Risk? So someone once asked me (today, haha) if your life was a movie what song would play your opening credits. I love this type of question. What would it be? I answered "Let Go" by Frou Frou but moreso I was thinking what else would play my soundtrack? What would play yours? I usually don't reach out to people in blogs but I'm curious about this idea, this question. What songs would play the scenes of your life? The tragic ones, the great loves, the successes, the scenes where it's you just being you?Some ideas for mine…Supertramp "take the long way home"
Cranberries "Ode to my family"
Radiohead "Talk Show Host"
SnowPatrol "chocolate"
Smashing Pumpkins "1979"
The Fray "Over My head (cable car)"
The Pierces "Three Wishes"
Otis Redding "That's How Strong My Love Is"
Fleetwood Mac "Gold Dust Woman"
Tom Petty "Learning to Fly"
The chorus part of Remy Zero's "Fair"
Howie Day "collide"
Pete Yorn "Lose You" or "On Your Side"

and some new additions...
Pixies "Where is my Mind"
Adam Sandler "Hold the Remote control"
Mel Torme "Dream a little dream of me"
Otis Redding "I've Got Dreams to Remember"

to be continued...

0 comments:

Post a Comment