The Brad Pitt Lineup

>> Saturday, January 10, 2009

This list has a lot of exceptions and conditions. Firstly (is that a word? I like it!), I've only included the movies that I've actually seen and can remember. There are a couple movies that I think I saw in the early 90's but couldn't remember them clear enough to include. Also, I haven't included his latest two movies Burn After Reading or the Benjamin Button movie because I have yet to see those as well. Lastly, this list is based on Brad Pitt's performances, not necessarily the greatness of the movie- in fact there are several movies on this list that I found to be quite weak but Brad still manages to shine in. One last note, Thelma and Louise is not on the list although Brad Pitt's performance launched him into the movie career he has today. I felt the movie didn't really fit as his role was so small yet significant for other reasons.

1.











2.











3.












4.













5.












6.






7.





8.





9.







10.







11.






*Note that I Love this movie and would put it higher if it weren't that Brad had such a minor role.
12.










13.





14.










15.







16.








17.







18.









19.






20.






**** Please note the following movies are among the worst movies ever made and I only put them on the list because sadly I've seen them.


21.




22.







3 comments:

Addi January 10, 2009 at 1:17 PM  

Very nice. I have seen all these except "Jesse James" But i would change this order a bit. I would move "Sleepers" way up. I would move "Interview with a Vampire" to number one, then "Fight Club." I would drop "The Mexican" down a bunch. But, other then that, very nice.

Stevie January 10, 2009 at 1:32 PM  

Really sleepers way up? I haven't seen it in a lifetime and haven't felt compelled to watch it again which is kind of one of my indicators on a good movie. Anyways, I like Interview with a Vampire as a film and think Tom Cruise does a pretty awesome job too but as far as performances go I think Fight Club was his all time best. As per a movie The Mexican was good but moreso his performance was great and that's why it's so far up. I mean he was good in Babel to but it didn't meet up with the expectations I had so that's why I had to pt it lower. I think I'll make a Tom Hanks list next.

Addi January 10, 2009 at 1:36 PM  

yeah, i get your reasoning on Fight Club, and I almost agree, i will call them Tied for now, until i watch them both again.

I want to see your Drew Barrymore list!

Post a Comment