Best Songs of 2009

>> Thursday, December 17, 2009






I realized, after completing my year in music, that no one in their right mind is really going to read all that. So, with that in mind, I have republished what you probably did not see. My best songs of 2009 list. This time, I have included audio or video tracks so you can understand why I picked what I picked.
I tried to find official videos whenever possible, if that was not available, I used one of my favorite musical resources, lala. I hope you enjoy. Feedback is very welcome.






1. Sweet Disposition – The Temper Trap
2. Be Calm – Fun.
<a href="http://ournameisfun.bandcamp.com/track/be-calm">Be Calm by fun.</a>
3. Bear – The Antlers

4. Poison And Wine – Civil Wars
5.Lets Fall Back In Love – Slow Club

6.Lately (I’ve Been On My Back) – Boat

7. Shelter – The xx

8. Someone To Love – Hey Marseilles

9. Daylight – Matt & Kim
10. Sleepyhead – Passion Pit
11. Crystalised – The Xx
12. I Never Knew You – Cage
13. People Like Me – K’naan

14. 1901 – Phoenix
15. Stillness is the Move – Dirty Projectors

16. The Sea Is A Good Place To Think Of The Future – Los Campesinos!
17. Pop Chart – Tiny Masters Of Today
I Really would have liked to share the video for this song with you. It is really entertaining and you get a good feel for the band, I recommend you watch it on YouTube, however embedding has been disabled by the band.

18. Percussion Gun – White Rabbits
19. When I Go – Slow Club
This is not the album version, but it is the version I fell in love with when I stumbled across this band on Bandstand Busking. A great resource for those of us that love live acoustic music.
20. In These Arms – The Swell Season

21. Basic Space – The Xx
22. Big Stick – Tiny Masters Of Today

23. I Can Feel A Hot One – Manchester Orchestra

24. Love Lost – The Temper Trap
Ok, so. This is a live video I just ran across while looking for something to post, but its pretty impressive how great the sound, so it is breaking pattern, but its worth it.
25. Lisztomania – Phoenix
26. The Walls Are Coming Down – Fanfarlo
">
27. Fiya – Tune-Yards

28. I Don’t Know - Lisa Hannigan
param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WSaPbVjcrp4&hl=en_US&fs=1&">
29. Kandi – One Eskimo

30. Your Biggest Fan – Nevershoutnever!

Special Inclusion.
This is a song from 2008 that everyone needs to know, it was on an album in 2009 as a bonus track, but could not, in good conscious include it on the official list. If I had it would have been number 1.
Honorable Mention (I'm done. Look em up yourself.)
Hello Seattle – Owl City
Make Your Mind Up – Chairlift
Shake It Out – Manchester Orchestra
Brother Sport – Animal Collective
Two Weeks – Grizzly Bear

0 comments:

Post a Comment