Songs of the Day: "Neon Bible/Wake Up" by Arcade Fire and "Skinny Love" by Bon Iver

>> Sunday, January 10, 2010

This first video is actually a video that my co-blogger sent me a piece of several months ago. A few days back, i stumbled across its original posting on this great little French website called Le Blogotheque. Their is this section called Take-Away Shows. It is simply one shot, live, often acoustic, music videos. They have hundreds of them, most of them with bands I have NEVER heard of. Which is something I hate to admit. But, out of the 50 or show I have watched in the last couple days, this is one of the best.

Enjoy.

"Neon Bible/Wake Up" by Arcade Fire. (Filmed in an elevator. awe. some.)



This second video is maybe my favorite song of 2008, and quite possibly a top 5 song of all time. What I love about his video, is it live and acoustic, this time by candle light, from the same site. But it is not about Bon Iver. This is about the audience. The camera is actually behind the singer. Instead of being focused on cause, you are focused on the effect. I really hope you enjoy.

"Skinny Love" by Bon Iver

0 comments:

Post a Comment