Song of the Day: "Rio" by Hey Marseilles (Live at Capital Hill Block Party)

>> Thursday, March 4, 2010

OK, so I may have shared this song in the past, and if you are at all attached to my facebook page, you would have had the chance to experience this great song.
Easily becoming one of my favorite songs of all time, this local 7 piece multi-instrumentalists blow my mind each time I hear them, or get the chance to see what they do live, as with this video. I know that violins and cellos are not sexy rockband shit, but screw that.
SxSW is this weekend, and, I am tempted to fly down to Austin to see this Seattle band, if not for the music itself, but to witness unwitting people fall in love with melody and lyric.


"Rio" by Hey Marseilles (Live at Capital Hill Block Party)

Hey Marseilles - Rio (Live at CHBP) from KEXP RADIO on Vimeo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment