Band of the Week: Mimicking Birds

>> Monday, June 14, 2010

Band of the Week: Mimicking Birds

I have been SEARCHING for a decent video for this 3 piece Portland band for months now. One of my favorite albums of the year, this band combines sorrowful/beautiful vocals, looped guitar licks, and haunting/stunning lyrics in a way that makes you feel feelings. The band emotes at you.

I think this record has a strong chance to not only make my best albums of the year list, but to sneak into the top 4 or 5.

Check the videos out below, all from the same in studio session at opbmusic. Normally, I try to vary it up some, but good recordings are hard to come by. I'm just super thankful that someone was smart enough to get this on film.

If my heart was a home, this music would be a home-wrecker.

"Home And Somewhere Else" (my personal favorite)

"Subsonic Words" (I love the lounge feel of this one)

"The Loop" (probably the song that will make them famous)

0 comments:

Post a Comment