Song of the Day: "Belt of Orion" by The Belle Brigade

>> Sunday, August 14, 2011

So, I think there is a good chance I have found my favorite album of the year. And it really sneaked (I hate this word) up on me. But, it has grown and grown and grown on me. I have found myself listening to it so much more then I ever could have expected when I purchased it.

Now, I reserve the right to bump this from the perch of my favorite spot if the Slow Club record blows me away as I half expect it to do.

"Belt of Orion" by The Belle Brigade

2 comments:

Stevie August 14, 2011 at 11:34 PM  

I don't know- it's not really blowing me out of the water. Are they one of those bands you think you have to see live to appreciate? I could see that.

Addi August 16, 2011 at 12:40 PM  

Ok, I get your perspective on this band. And, I cannot say that I LOVE them. But, there is not an album that I all out love this year. It has been a year of mediocre to good music. It is better then last year by far, but nothing that stands out. I am really struggling to find out what is number 1. So, I just leaned on my 5-Star rule. When I like a song, I 5-Star it on my ipod, and it gets sorted into another list, and this album has the most 5-Star songs then any other. So logically.... But yeah, its not fantastic.

Post a Comment