Band of the Week: Allen Stone

>> Monday, October 10, 2011

Allen Stone is something to behold. He is a honest to goodness oxymoron. I mean, look at the picture below, and then listen to the songs. If soul music was dead, Allen Stone would be the revivalist. His album is so choice, (yes, I used choice like its 1988) that it feels unreal, and makes me feel bad for other soul singers out there, because there is just no competing.
I get excited about music, we all know this, its the curse of being a passionate person/blogger. But this record is far and away the best Soul record I have picked up since 2001's "The Way I Feel" by Remy Shand.
Oh, and to top off the madness, he is a NW product. From Chewelah to be exact. For those who don't know, and I can't understand why you wouldn't, that's north of Spokane, the way to the lovely town of Republic. How he found this sound in Chewelah is anyone's guess. I'd kill to look through his record collection. 
Band of the Week: Allen Stone
Photo Credit goes to Allen Stone's Facebook. 
"Sleep" (my favorite)


"Say So"


"The Wind"

0 comments:

Post a Comment