>> Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Here is how I determined this list. I consider every song I can get my hands on in the year. This year that means 1,942 songs, and I make a smart playlist on my iPod. Every song that I love I give a 5 star rating, and they all get sorted together. And then, I trim from there, song by song.
I know. Each year the best songs list gets longer and longer. But this year, there is justification. If you read my best albums post, you will know this is the year of the song. And if I tried, and, when I say tried, I mean, if just didn't stop myself, this list would be 200 songs long. This year may be lacking in an overabundance in complete albums, but, when it comes to songs, it was uniquely jam packed with quality tunes. Here are my favorite 80 of 2011 (broken into the next 4 posts so it doesn't crash your flash player).
Fair warning, there is no Bon Iver on this list. It is not that I do not like the album, or tracks, I just don't think it is the end all record of the year like everyone else does.
View 80-61 Here.
60. Hospital Beds – Florence + The Machine (Cold War Kids Cover)
59. A Little Bit Of Everything – Dawes
58. Make You Fall In Love With Me – Brett Dennen
57. Sweet Louise – The Belle Brigade
56. Wilderness – Middle Brother
55. Became – Atmosphere
54. Sleep – Allen Stone
53. So Well – Dawes
52. Oh Mississippi – Lissie
51. Same Damn Time – Beat Connection
50. We Don't Eat – James Vincent McMorrow
49. The Wall – Yuck
48. How Can You Luv Me – Unknown Mortal Orchestra
47. Austere – The Joy Formidable
46. Hackney Marsh – Slow Club
45. Silver Screen – Beat Connection
44. When I'm Alone – Lissie
43. Rave On – Cults
42. The Vent – Big K.R.I.T.
41. Don't Stop – The Dodos